Welcome to the ASIS&T Digital Library
An online collection created to foster the study and practice of information science. The ASIS&T Digital Library consists of regularly published journals and annual publications from The Association for Information Science and Technology, an association of information professionals leading the search for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information.
What is this all about?
The Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, a fully refereed, scholarly and technical periodical, has been published continuously since 1950. Edited by Blaise Cronin, Indiana University, JASIST publishes reports of research and development in a wide range of subjects and applications in information science and technology. It serves as a forum for new research in information transfer and communication processes in general, and in the context of recorded knowledge in particular.
Annual Review of Information Science and Technology comprehensively reviews and synthesizes yearly trends in the different branches of information science. ARIST ceased publication in 2012.
Bulletin of the Association for Information Science and Technology, is the bi-monthly newsletter with developments and issues affecting the field, pragmatic management reports, opinion pieces, and news of people and events in the information science community.
Proceedings of the ASIST Annual Meetings printed continuously since 1963, contains the contributed papers presented at the annual meetings. Information Today, Inc. publishes the print Proceedings each year for ASIST.
Current JASIST Issue
- “The sum of all human knowledge”: A systematic review of scholarly research on the content of
- Published online on Dec 02, 2014
- Research project tasks, data, and perceptions of data quality in a condensed matter physics community
- Published online on May 15, 2014
- Engaging and maintaining a sense of being informed: Understanding the tasks motivating twitter search
- Published online on May 07, 2014
- Struggling for space and finding my place: An interactionist perspective on everyday use of biomedical information
- Published online on May 15, 2014
- The principal‐agent problem in peer review
- Published online on May 02, 2014
Featured JASIST Article
- The effect of social network sites on adolescents' social and academic development: Current theories and controversies
- Published online on Apr 26, 2011
Society News and Highlights
Wiley and JASIST are excited to announce that the official mobile app for iPhones and iPads has now launched! Download it from the iTunes store now!
Connecting Collections, Cultures, and Communities
77th ASIS&T Annual Meeting
October 31-November 5, 2014, Seattle, WA
The premier international conference dedicated to the study of information, people, and technology in contemporary society, the ASIS&T AM gathers leading scholars and practitioners from around the globe to share innovations, ideas, research, and insights into the state and future of information and communication in play, work, governance, and society.Read more...
ASIS&T offers a variety of webinars over a broad range of topics, both forthcoming and archived. Click here to sign-up today!
You can browse the taxonomy until you find the subject term most appropriate for your search. These terms are from ASIS&T’s Thesaurus Search, a tool to collect concepts, to express them with one preferred term and any number of synonyms or equivalent terms, and to include relationships between terms.
Click here to search...
- Read JASIST
- Read ARIST
- Read the Bulletin
- Read Proceedings